Change is inevitable. We all know this. Sometimes it's for the better, sometimes not so much. I've been aware on some level that change happens at least since I was a kid and graduated from Kindergarten to first grade and got a new teacher. One thing that's kind of weird though that I've noticed as I've gotten older is a sense of detachment from the past.
I don't know if this is just me or if it happens to everyone, but I can remember things that happened in high school or college but it's almost as if those things happened to a completely different person. I mean, in some sense, I am a different person than that guy was, but it was still me. When I was actually in college I'm pretty sure I felt like high school guy was still me. But now I feel like high school guy and college guy were somebody else. I'm not sure if I'm doing a good job of explaining this.
Basically I remember being those guys. I know intellectually that those things happened to me. But they don't feel like ME anymore. It almost feels like those memories don't even belong to me, I just happen to have some random people's memories.
So clearly this is because either aliens or the government have implanted me with false memories. There can be no other possible explanation. Never mind that as you get older your circumstances and priorities change to such an extent that maybe it's normal to not feel like the same person you used to be. No, there's definitely some sort of conspiracy at work here.
No comments:
Post a Comment