Friday, September 27, 2013

Liquid In Liquid Out

Just to keep this place highbrow I'd like to take a moment to discuss urination.  It's sort of an odd thing if you think about it.  Our bodies are constantly craving moisture yet we're constantly leaking it out.  I realize we're removing waste products in the process, but this seems terribly inefficient because pee is mostly comprised of precious, precious water.  Which we have to take in less often than oxygen but more often than food.

Another funny thing about urine is it smells weird after you eat asparagus.  What in the hell is up with that? Our bodies do amazing things like allow us to move around and pick up objects and they perform complex chemical reactions without us having to think about it.  And they convert a vegetable into a weird smell.  In your pee.  Yes, evolution clearly has a purpose.

When I was a little kid I was greatly amused by drinking a glass of water at the same time that I peed.  That's still kind of amusing actually.

I urinated in really cold weather a few times and it steamed.  I also peed off a third story balcony and that was fun, too.  Peeing from heights.  I recommend it.  I have yet to pee from a fast moving vehicle.  Note to self:  add peeing from a fast moving vehicle to to-do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment