Sunday, September 29, 2013

Overcoming Disabilities in a Positive Way

I hear that Michael J. Fox has a new show, which I think is great because hey, it's Micheal J. Fox.  But I guess his Parkinson's disease is pretty far advanced and there's just no way to hide it so his character on the show also has Parkinson's disease.  Which unfortunately, from what I hear, makes for a bit of a bummer. I've never actually watched the show so I don't know, but it makes sense.  It's kind of hard to laugh at a disease. It's like "let's trot out some cancer patients and create a real laugh riot out of it."  I'm just not quite seeing it.

Which leads me to my new idea.  Let's use advanced computer technology to move the camera around in precisely the right motion to disguise the shakes.  I think it could be done.

Is this wrong?  Am I going to hell for having this idea?  I'm just trying to throw out ideas to keep a sick actor working and not be confined to roles of people who have the exact same illness he does.  Work with me here people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment