Sunday, September 29, 2013

Messing Around With History

I wish we could pit all of the great conquerors of history against each other in one televised pay per view battle royale.  I want Alexander the Great to match wits with Genghis Khan and Napoleon Bonaparte to face off against Adolph Hitler.  I want the British Empire to do battle against the Holy Roman Empire.  I even want to see the common soldiers of different eras battle.  Hell, I want to see cavemen engage in combat with samurai warlords.

But most of all I want to travel back in time with a few pieces of modern weaponry and kick some major ass.  I want to mow down whole armies of swordsmen with a machine gun.  I want to run tanks over spearmen.  I want to drop missiles from aircraft on a militia of musketmen.  I want to take a bazooka into a gladiator battle and blow off my opponent's head.

Just because it would be fun as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment