Sometimes it's frustrating and depressing to realize what a small, insignificant cog you really are. I mean, not just in the grand scheme of the universe. I'm okay with that, I think. The universe is gigantic and we're like bacteria inhabiting a microscopic dust particle. That actually makes me feel better to think about sometimes, because it makes me realize that all this bullshit we get worked up about all the time is completely meaningless.
But on a smaller scale, as far as human society goes, it hits you in the face once in awhile how little of an impact you have on what's going on. There really are just a small handful of movers and shakers that control the media and the money and everything and they don't really want to let you into it. Instead they want to distract you with dancing pretty boys with frosted-tipped hair and ignorant morons ranting.
The internet is supposed to be a great equalizer where you can affect the entire world just sitting in your home, but really since everyone's on it it's really hard not to just get drowned in all the noise. In the meantime we've elevated the likes of Miley Cyrus and Kanye West to the top of the pile. That's just depressing, and I know I'm contributing it to it in my microscopic way by mentioning them. But if we're going to continue on ignoring the voices of "common" people, at the very least can we get some better celebrities? I'm ashamed of the human race. I really am.
No comments:
Post a Comment